Friday, August 14, 2009

Late night snack



Well I got home from work and I was starving, so instead of snacking on my usual wheat thins or something else fatty, I decided to have a nutrious shake, that I get through herbalife. As you can see from the diagram above it has a lot of nutrition in it, plus it fills me up and it less than 200 calories.
My day went ok. Woke up later than I should have, like normal. Partly waking up late is my way of not dealing with life sometimes. I need to find something exciting that gets me out of bed.

No Exercise today, but my food log was good:

Cherrie Tomatoes
Beans- lb a lot but still healthy for you and has protein in it
Blueberries and milk in a bowl
Lots of herbal tea, this control my appeptite soo well, I love it!
2 shakes
2 pears

My friend sent me this story about a friend:

"I've spent my entire life being overweight. I've spent it dieting and failing. In January I topped the scales at 410 pounds, and I had resigned myself to always being fat. To always being left out. To always being the butt of jokes. I had resigned myself to the fact that one day my obesity was going to kill me. I was tired of my failures.Then I found ******** and I realized an important thing. I wasn't going to find happiness in being thin. And, that the best I could do for myself was to become healthy. In achieving that goal, weight loss would be a side effect. I've lost almost 20 pounds since then. It doesn't seem like a huge number for 8 months, but I started small. I started with one thing. Drinking water. Once it became habit I added another thing. As long as it took, I stuck with it.Today, the weight is starting to come off faster as I have many new habits. I...- drink 8-12 glasses of water-eat 5-9 servings of fruits and vegetables-get at least 8 hours of sleep every night-eat only lean meats-exercise everyday-take vitamins to supplement where my diet fails (I don't like fish)-get 2-3 servings of calcium everyday-do not eat junk food, fast food, candy, or soda-take time everyday to breath and meditate-eat only whole grains-quit smoking!!!!And, guess what. I feel great! I feel better than great. I feel alive. So, I went to the doctor and guess what.... I'm healthier than I've ever been in my life. My cholesterol is great, my blood pressure is normal (which it hasn't been in quite some time), my blood glucose is normal (which means I am NOT diabetic), and my triglycerides are normal.AND, I FEEL ALIVE!!!!! And, I'm started doing things that I never thought I would ever accomplish. I even climbed a mountain. And if I can do it, so can you. Pay more attention to being healthy than being skinny."

Pretty inspriational!!



2 comments:

antgirl said...

That's what keeps me at it. I feel alive, too. It is fantastic.

Yes, you must work on making yourself happy and having things in your life you feel passionate about. Makes everyday worthwhile. I can attest. And it doesn't matter how much you have or anything else once you look after yourself that way. Happiness is gold.

Mmmm on the cherry tomatoes and blueberries. I eat blueberries everday.

Anonymous said...

it takes those life giving nutrients in healthy foods and health sustaining water intake to keep that great feeling going. just those two things have made a huge impact on me!

looks like you have a "magic bullet". i used mine so much, mostly for reblending kefir curd with whey and fruits/stevia. :)