Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Weight Loss Challenge

Well I am off to my Weight Loss Challenge, its 6p.m, PST. I will update you later on how I did.

So far today, woke up at 3p.m., did some work on the computer, ran 4 miles. Had one shake.

I am a participant as well as a coach at the weight loss challenge. I was reading through our lesson today, which is about Metabolism: Truths and Myths and I thought this was a good piece from it-

"If you weigh 150lbs and 50lbs of you is fat and 100 lbs is fat-free, then you would burn about 1,400 calories per day at rest. If you don't get much activity, you won't burn much more than this throughout the day. But if you weight 150lbs and 25lbs of you is fat, and 125lbs of you is fat free, then you burn 1,750 calories per day at rest. And if you get some regular exericse and burn a few hundred calories more per day, your total calorie burn for the day might be 2,000 calories!

4 comments:

Gina; The Candid RD said...

Keep up the great work Emmett!

Lori said...

Great job!

It's true, the more lean body mass you have, the more calories it burns than the fat does.

antgirl said...

You are inspiring! Goooo Emmett! You're really doing great lately. I'm so happy to see all the positive over here. :)

MizFit said...

gogogogogogogogogogogogo LIFT LOTTSA WEIGHS gogogogogog.

:)